Saturday, December 5, 2009

Would you pay to see the Bush death film?

Newmarket Films set itself an unusual challenge when it decided to release the controversial faux investigative documentary "Death of a President" just six weeks after acquiring the movie at the Toronto International Film Festival last month.



But it might face an even more formidable obstacle because several major theater chains are refusing to play the film, which mixes real news footage with dramatized segments depicting the fictional 2007 death of President Bush.



Newmarket, the 12-year-old Los Angeles-based film financing, production and distribution company, plans to open the film October 27, just in time for the November 7 election.



"Yes, it's controversial," Newmarket co-founder Chris Ball said. "It's quite a compelling political thriller. In many ways it is sympathetic to George Bush. It talks about a rush to judgment. In no way is it a call for violence."



But the country's largest theater chain, Regal Entertainment Group, has passed on playing the film, citing



Would you pay to see the Bush death film?performing arts



I do not think that that film should even be released much less me pay to see it. It's ok to not always agree with politicians but it's another thing to be anti-american about it. after all, Bush is all of our president, we should all show him respect



Would you pay to see the Bush death film?binoculars opera theater



I don't know if I pay to see much these days. It'll be on Morpheus or some other such outlet in days. In the comfort of my own home, sure. But it's rather questionable to profit from a film that depicts the assassination of a living, serving President.



I wonder if anyone would go to see the film if it were Clinton in the starring role?
liberals are too simple minded to grasp the concept of movies It is for their protection that the movie not be shown Hell they believe everything else except the truth
i would love to pay and see his death
No, I would not even watch it if it was free. I think it is a slap in the face to the United States.
I will not pay even a singel penny
Believe it or not I would. He is not exactly on my good behavior list So don't take it personally when I say that I would pay.
No.



What would the reaction had been if the film had shown Bill Clinton getting his head severed by a rabble of Muslim terrorists?
I would pay to watch a film about the death of the person who made that film, and/or Mike whatshisname.
No - I wouldn't.
Nope not in the least.



I would pay to go to a lib death film though...the one where they all see the light and convert to Islam
Yes i would pay to see the movie, because it would be interesting to watch people's reactions to his death in the movie.
hell yes i would pay! even if you're against it, try to open your mind to art and see it as it is: a movie.
No, and it shouldn't even be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal