Saturday, December 5, 2009

Has anyone noticed movie theaters have stopped using surround sound?

The theaters where I live charge the same high price, but none of the speakers around the stadium seating are working. They only project from the front of the theater, and very loudly at that! This is not only annoying, but the sound is sometimes distorted. I don't mind so much on quiet dramas but even big productions have this inadequate sound that is worse than what I can get from my own TV set. I have complained three times but, other than getting my money back, I have found that they continue this practice. Are they getting cheaper prints of the films that don't include surround sound? Or are they just too cheap to repair the speakers around the theater that aren't working any more? The chain of cinemas I am talking about is the UA Cinema/Regal Entertainment theaters which are fairly new, overpriced and not worth going to any more. I'm boycotting. No one else in my town has even noticed. Am I the only one? Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Anyone else missing quality



Has anyone noticed movie theaters have stopped using surround sound?tickets



Yeah, it's terrible.. You would think for almost $10 a ticket, they would upgrade to suround sound.



Has anyone noticed movie theaters have stopped using surround sound?ballet opera theater



yes. its bad.
sorry for you,where i live at the sound is sometimes too loud if anything but never to low.try complaing to the theater again.if not go to different theaters.
I noticed that the theater I attend they seem to have turned the volume up beginning with King Kong. Though I still believe that they have the surround sound, it is often too loud for us.
Nope, haven't noticed.
The cinema I go to still has surround sound, it's just turned up so loudly I need earplugs to watch a movie in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal