Saturday, December 5, 2009

What theatre would you say is the best you have ever been in?

theaters like Regal, galaxy, and other.



What theatre would you say is the best you have ever been in?symphony



The New Globe Theatre in Oxfordshire .



What theatre would you say is the best you have ever been in?performing arts center opera theater



The examples you gave are cinemas, where films are shown.



Theatres are where live stage performances are held, and my favorite on the planet is The Imperial in Manhattan.
The National Theatre in London. Thrust stage where musicals and classic theatre are performed. All of the great English Actors performed there. A magic experience.
The Pantages Theater in Canada. Its breathtaking!
In New York, I love -



The Orpheum (off-Broadway)



The Belasco (Broadway)



Irish Rep (off-Broadway)



The Walter Kerr (Broadway)



Can you tell I like the smaller theaters? LOL The Kerr is where Grey Gardens recently was. Very cozy for a Broadway house.



And I disagree with the "re/er" spelling explanation above. It's narrow minded. The accepted explanation is that theatRE is the art form, and a theatER is a building.
I agree, a theatRE is where live performances are done. A theatER is where movies are watched. You have it spelled both ways in your question, so I will give you both answers.



The best theatre I've been in is probably the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. This is largely dependent upon the fact that I have never been to New York. If I go to New York, my answer will probably change.



For theaters, you listed companies instead of a specific theater (for example, the Regal one in Evansville or something like that) so I'm going to follow suit. I personally prefer Kerasotes, but they are only available in a few states. (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin) All of the ones that I have been in give free refills on everything, and they are just overall good with customer care.



I hope I helped!
The Lyceum in New York is an exquisite jewel box. It was my favorite in the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
spyware removal